Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee Tia Maria Blend
- 2/1-2 cups hot, freshly brewed Jamaican Blue Mountain Arabica coffee
- 1/2 cup Tia Maria
- 2/3 cup dark Jamaican rum
- 8 tablespoons of light cream
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- chocolate shaving.
Place freshly brewed coffee in a saucepan. Heat over low heat. Add Tia Maria, rum and brown sugar. Heat until nearly boiling, continuing to stir the whole time.
Remove from heat and pour into 4 heat-proof glass coffee cups until 2/3 full.
Using a round-bottomed spoon, float 2 tablespoons of cream onto the top of the coffee.
Garnish with chocolate shavings. Serve hot.
Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee Brownies
- 2 cups sugar
- 15 tablespoons (2 sticks minus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons finely ground Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9x2-inch metal pan with nonstick spray. Combine sugar, butter, cocoa, ground coffee, and salt in large bowl. Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water and whisk until butter melts and ingredients are blended (texture will be grainy). Remove bowl from over water; cool mixture to lukewarm if necessary. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add flour over and fold in.
Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake brownies until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool brownies in pan. Makes about 15 brownies.